[Dixielandjazz] Caesarea Jazz Festival

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:19:45 PDT 2008

Just back from the second day (it's a band playing at the Promenade
stage, and the main concert at the foot of  maginificent Crusader
castle wall).  We heard Duke Heitger (tpt) and Warren Vache (cnt),
John Allred (tbn), Ken Peplowski (clt), Anat Cohen (clt, ten), John
Sheridan (p), Nicki Parrot (bass, vcl), Howard Alden (bjo, gtr) and
Joe Ascine (dms).  Wow!  Highlights - everything.  If hard pressed,
though, I'd voter for John Allred's feature "Some of These Days" and
for the trumpet-cornet duet on "If We never Meet Again."  And hve you
ever heard "Shreveport Stomp" as a clarinet-guitar duo?
Cheers
SUPPORT LIVE JAZZ (but don't forget an occasional record!)