[Dixielandjazz] Another F2F

jack wiard jack_wiard at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 05:42:24 PDT 2008

Hello listers

...I have just returned from an overseas holiday and while in Madrid, i checked out the local jazz scene...At C/Huertas,n"22...i found the' Cafe Jazz /Populart.'...one of several Madrid jazz venues......Leading the very hot  Canal Street Jazz Band  [trumpet/trombone/piano/bass/drums] was fellow lister Jim Kashishian. If ever in Madrid, please check out this group.   The set i heard was excellent all round, with  a solid varied selection of OKOM tunes...Jim plays a gutsy style trombone and the harmonies between him and the strong lead trumpet meant I hardly missed the clarinet....The piano player [Fernando Sobrino] is as good as you will hear anywhere.... You can hear this group on  YOU TUBE, and I am sure Jim will not mind me mentioning that the group has a cd available that is representative of what I heard last monday night......Keep up the good work Jim.....Cheers from OZ....JACK WIARD