[Dixielandjazz] Sibellious, Encore or Finale or ??? - Scott's comments on XML

Charlie Hull charliehull7920 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 3 07:10:00 PDT 2008

Thanks for the insights, Scott. Lacking your intellectual curiousity, I
only knew of XML as a means of transporting music score files between
otherwise non-related scoring programs. After reading your comments I
browsed to www.xml.com and found out that it serves for database
purposes and many more. At this point I'm only interested in music
applications, but appreciate your turning me on to the extensive
possibilities of XML.

Back to Encore; I've created lead sheet files on many trad jazz and
standard OKOM tunes and am willing to share and exchange Encore,
Band-In-A-Box, Sibelius, with you and other listers so we can enhance
each other's libraries. I'm not into Finale, and am interested only in
lead sheets or piano scores.

Charlie Hull