[Dixielandjazz] trombone style change

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:12:56 PDT 2008

I believe, based on recorded evidence that Miff Mole is not "Part of
the answer," but "the" answer.  TD acknowledget it, as did others.
And since Mole started recording very early, and his records were
quite wide spread, most of the others must have been influenced
thereby.
Teagarden is another story.  Hos style is very different from both
tailgate and Mole's, and was probably developed independently.
Cheers