[Dixielandjazz] The Late Unpleasantness

Stan McDonald stanmm at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 20:45:06 PDT 2008

Yo Listmates,

I followed your lead to www.jazzradio.co.uk and thought you might enjoy the following email exchange. I truly did not mean to offend Brian Harvey or cause a rift; but I was mildly miffed that a purveyor of OKOM would appear not to recognize my name or verify on my band's website. Alas, awareness of one's contribution does fade with new generations and/or promotional inadequacies.

So, my apologies Brian, for sharing our little exchange (which I think is truly amusing) and a fun way to pique curiosity about my own recent recordings, which I believe most listeners will find at least as rewarding as those with the mystery band that I left in 1981. Again, no offense intended, and with all good wishes for your internet show.

Stan McDonald