[Dixielandjazz] Keith Emerson

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:31:09 PDT 2008

Hello folks,
Keith Emerson, a member of Emerson, Lake and Palmer  (or the other way
round) does not seem the proper subject for discussion on this list.
However, yesterday, while watching an Oscar Peterson-Count Basie video
on You Tube, I noticed Honky Tonk Train Blues by Peterson and Emerson;
being a sucker for boogie woogie, I clicked on it - wow!  And there
were other swinging piano solos by Keith Emerson.  Very enjoyable.  As
the title of a CD on the Timeless label pronounces - Jazz Is Where You
Find It!
However, I also clicked on something by the Emerson, Lake and Palmer
group - and hastened to turn it off!
Cheers