[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan & Darlene Edwards

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Sun Jul 20 08:01:55 PDT 2008

Jo Stafford was one of my dad's favorite singers, and I remember hearing a lot of her music as I grew up.  I love her voice, her phrasing, everything about her.

And then there's that other side of her, with Cinderella G. Stump with Red Ingle and as Darlene Edwards with Paul Weston as Jonathan Edwards.  Some of the best comedy music ever created!

Still for me, this is the ultimate Jo Stafford...a thing of beauty:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H1Imb6jm0U<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H1Imb6jm0U>
Did anyone ever have a more gorgeous voice?

Hal Vickery