[Dixielandjazz] Dr. Norman Vickers

BOYER DONALD dnboy152 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 15 13:32:44 PDT 2008

Thanx Leslie for reminding us to read about our own "Jazz Warrior", Dr. Norman Vickers.  Thanx Dr. Vickers for all you have done over the years to keep the OKOM flame burning!  I hope that all our other listers will take a look at the Mississippi Rag each month.  You will learn a lot about our music and as Leslie pointed out it's FREE!!

  Don Boyer
  South Bend, IN

LeslieMRag at aol.com wrote:
  Hi, Listmates:

Many of you know Dr. Norman Vickers, who is a wonderful jazz advocate but
modest about his efforts. I thought you might like to know that the July
Mississippi Rag acknowledges him as a "Jazz Warrior" (part of our series which
salutes people who fight the good fight to establish festivals and who work hard
to keep jazz clubs going). If you'd like to read the story, just go to
_www.mississippirag.com_ (http://www.mississippirag.com) and click on the
appropriate line to go to the free web-based issue. (You may or may not know that the
RAG has been free online since last January.) Also, I'm sure Norman would
love to hear from you. He's a real boon to the jazz community and deserves kudos
for his consistent support of jazz.

Leslie Johnson
lesliemrag at aol.com