[Dixielandjazz] Dr. Norman Vickers

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 13:06:42 PDT 2008

Hi, Listmates:

Many of you know Dr. Norman Vickers, who is a wonderful jazz advocate but
modest about his efforts. I thought you might like to know that the July
Mississippi Rag acknowledges him as a "Jazz Warrior" (part of our series which
salutes people who fight the good fight to establish festivals and who work hard
to keep jazz clubs going). If you'd like to read the story, just go to
_www.mississippirag.com_ (http://www.mississippirag.com)  and click on the
appropriate line to go to the free web-based issue. (You may or may not know  that the
RAG has been free online since last January.) Also, I'm sure Norman  would
love to hear from you. He's a real boon to the jazz community and deserves  kudos
for his consistent support of jazz.

Leslie Johnson
lesliemrag at aol.com