[Dixielandjazz] Pointless Definitions

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 22:42:35 PDT 2008

Ken;

Like so many definitions discussed in this list and others as well, are
truly whatever you want them to be. Classic Jazz can certainly encompass a
great many styles of jazz, it can encompass a period of time, and it can be
limited to a single style and time period.

To paraphrase the Queen in "Alice in Wonderland", classic jazz can be
whatever you want it to be.

Stan
Stan Brager