[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 67, Issue 9

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 05:25:21 PDT 2008

While not wanting to get into the middle of this fray (fortunately, one I had nothing to do with starting!)

I will say this:

We can't get the categories/descriptions right NOW for whatever kind of music is talked about--give me the distinction between R&B and hip-hop.  Or, rap and hip-hop.  Or, metal and heavy metal.

And we're more enlightened about pop culture than were the writers of the late 20's, aren't we, at least as a total society?

steve 'tongue only slightly in cheek' hoog