[Dixielandjazz] Free Big Band Concerts, Sacramento Area

Robert Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Jul 4 16:48:39 PDT 2008

From: Steve Roach
roach at csus.edu

Date: June 29, 2008 9:48:29 AM PDT
Subject:
Free Big Band Concerts at Sacramento State
The Jazz Studies Department at Sacramento State University is proud to host
the 4th
annual Summer Jazz Camp featuring the Jim Widner Big Band July 6-11, 2008.
It is
an intensive week of big band rehearsals, sectionals, master classes,
improvisation,
theory, and arranging. The centerpiece of this camp is the Jim Widner Big
Band in
residency. This band consists of professional jazz musicians from throughout
the
country who instruct camp participants each day. The camp is open to
instrumentalists
of all abilities and ages ranging from middle school to senior citizens.
Nightly
performances by the Jim Widner Big Band are a highlight for the camp
participants
and the community. These evening concerts are FREE and open to the public.

Concert Schedule:

Sunday, July 6 Jim Widner Big Band
8:00 pm

Monday, July 7 Jim Widner Big Band
8:00 pm

Tuesday, July 8  Jim Widner Big Band
8:00 pm

Wednesday, July 9 Camp Jazz Combos
7:00 pm

Thursday, July 10 Jim Widner Big Band
8:00 pm

Friday, July 11
ALL FIVE Student Big Bands plus The Jim Widner Big Band
7:00 pm

All concerts take place in the Music Recital Hall (Capistrano Hall) at
Sacramento
State are free and open to the public.  Parking next to Capistrano Hall is
FREE.

For questions:  Steve Roach: 278-7987, or
roach at csus.edu

Parking and Driving Directions:
http://www.csus.edu/music/tickets.htm

More camp info can be found at:
http://www.csus.edu/music/jazz

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

 "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or
a politician. And to
tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. I, for one, believe the piano
player job to be much more honorable than current politicians."  --Harry
Truman