[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen' Playing

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Fri Jul 4 16:16:51 PDT 2008

Have to admit that I'm not well versed in Allen's clarinet style.  That's because I tune out after maybe half a chorus.  The basic problem is that e creates absolutely nothing.  George Lewis created, Barney Bigard created, Edmund Hall created, and on an on we go.  Anyhow, you get the idea.

When one really feels jazz, one can create musical lines and phrases.  That's the nature of the beast.  When one imagines himself role playing as he plays, he merely repeats what he thinks he ought to do in order to sound authentic.

Well, you know what they say in computer lingo:  Garbage in, garbage out.

Regards.
Harold