[Dixielandjazz] Commercials

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Jan 29 08:56:03 PST 2008

The last time the Pepsi Jingle thread came around DJML I posted that
I have a few 78s of the Billy Butterfield Band (some Big Band, some
combo) with several notable women singers doing Crosley Refrigerator
(and other appliance) commercials. They are mostly adaptations of
familiar OKOM songs like Bill Bailey about the joys of washing
machines and stoves.  I have since learned the Billy Butterfield was
the House Band leader for the Crosley Radio Network.

I just found this little tidbit about the current line of Crosley
products:
http://crosleybook.blogspot.com/2007/09/what-about-those-crosley-
appliances.html

and there is a book about the Crosley company:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1578602912/michaelbanks-20

Dave Richoux