[Dixielandjazz] Pepsi Jingle

Flip Oakes flip at flipoakes.com
Mon Jan 28 16:09:19 PST 2008

Back in 1991 I played a nine week show out to Lawrence Welks Dinner Theatre
in Escondido, Ca., called
1940¹s Radio Hour, it's a Christmas Season Show.

I live in Oceanside, CA. and I called my mom and dad who were both a live at
the time and living in S. Western New York State, I told my dad I was
playing in this show
Œ1940¹s Radio Hour¹, and was old time Radio show, with commercials etc.  He
asked what were some of the tunes, and commercials, I mentioned a few tunes,
and then I mentioned this same Pepsi commercial, but I couldn't remember it
word for word. I said it's the one that starts out 'Pepsi Cola hits the
spot' .... and ends  nickel nickel nickel.

He then say's do you mean...

"Pepsi Cola hits the spot!
Twelve full ounces, that's a lot!
Twice as much for a nickel, too
Pepsi Cola is the drink for you"
"Nickel, nickel nickel nickel, etc...

I said yes, how do you remember that? He says, because your mother wrote
it.... Then he told me that Pepsi Cola had a contest and asked people to
send in their ideas, and my mother sent this in, and she won... I asked what
did she win? He said the contest, there was no prize.....

Oh well.... Now this comes up again, and it makes me smile... Thank you.

I have since lost my mom in 1997, and my dad a year later.. Dad played
trombone and sang, and mom was a singer, and it was in their band, is where
I learned to play.

All The Best,

Flip Oakes

http://www.titanhotseven
http://www.southmarketstreetjazzband.com

Flip Oakes
³Wild Thing Trumpets²
COME AND HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
http://www.flipoakes.com

³To read what Wild Thing Owners say about their horns, click on this²
http://www.flipoakes.com/testimonials.htm

Flip Oakes
2559 Mottino Dr.
Oceanside, Ca. 92056-3421
760-643-1501
760-643-1511 Fax

To Hear the Flip Oakes Wild Thing Trumpet go to
http://www.flipoakes.com/multimedia.htm