[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Wed Jan 23 12:20:26 PST 2008

Phil wrote:

"Just had a quicj look at the encyclopedia for some dixie/traditional
players; not a mention. No Hal Smith, no Wayne Jones, not even a John Gill
or Jim Cullum. COuldn'r be bothered looking any further."

Phil, Phil Phil! Hold your horses, pal! They're just getting started. I am
working with them to get some of "our guys" up there, in fact it's going to
be occupying a lot of my time in the coming weeks. I have contacts there and
the process is in hand. One of the great things about this new site is that
the Boss, Ted Gioia, is actively trying to be inclusive of ALL types of
jazz. Please see his blog on Jim Cullum from 2 days ago. Jim is in fact
compiling his biography for them as we speak.

mopo