[Dixielandjazz] ReverbNation

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Wed Jan 23 08:39:34 PST 2008

One major note before I begin this post. Once  you have everything put
together, the posting to sites becomes “cookie cutter”  in fashion.

AND THE REALLY GOOD NEWS IS, once this stuff is posted  to a site, it works
FOR YOU, 24/7, 365, worldwide. A much better deal than  paying for temporary
print ads, temporary mailings, phone books, etc. etc. AND  IT’S ALMOST ALL
FREE!!!!

To start with, you may wish to use my  MySpace page as a point of reference.
I strongly suggest you go through it  thoroughly, pics and blogs included so
you can see where I started and what I  used as my basis for the subsequent
sites.

Go to:    http://myspace.com/billsargentbands

You should have already  composed your content as per the previous post, but
if not, I suggest you begin  with a MySpace, compose your content there, and
then transfer it to your  computer and save it in a folder where you can cut
and paste it into the sites  that follow.

Now, today’s site:  ReverbNation.

Go  to:   http://www.reverbnation.com/billsargentbands

This,  so far, looks to be a very useful band tool.

This is a “band /  artist / fan” community. Not only can fans connect with
bands here, but there  are a whole bunch of useful band features.

- You can have your  music available to play, sample and purchase.

- You can provide all  the print content and photos you wish.

- You can create music  widgets & players to post on other websites.

One of the VERY  MOST USEFUL features of this site is fan management for
bands. With this site,  you can collect a very credible emailing list.

You can not only  collect fans from your ReverbNation site, but almost any
other site you create  also!

They have a program called FanReach that you can use to  compile, manage and
maintain your mailing list. IN GREAT DETAIL! You can pull  together all kinds
of stats & demographics here. Your list can be sorted by  age, gender and zip
code. Your list can also be transferred to an Excel file on  your computer.

Two very cool things about this:

1. You  can create a “fan collector” and paste it into almost any site you
maintain.

See.  http://myspace.com/billsargentbands

Also, check out the bottom of the page at:   http://billsargentbands.com

You’ll see what I mean. Actually try it  and see how this thing works. It
also verifies the addition, so you don’t get  junk addresses! Cool, very cool!!

2. You can maintain, add to, and  interact with your mailing list from
anywhere in the world!
One more thing  about the Fan Collecter – people can designate their wish to
be a “Street Team”  member. These are people who have volunteered to assist
in promoting your  performances in their area.

ReverbNation also collects a bunch of  highly detailed “stats” about
everything concerning your mailing list, you  widgets, your site. Awesome stuff!

I suggest checking this out as a  very useful band & fan management /
promotional tool.

BTW, it’s  all free!

One last note, I suggest if you decide to sell your music  on ReverbNation,
use an outside source. Stay away from SnoCap! To see what I  mean, click the
BUY SONGS on the music player.

Hope this  helps!

http://reverbnation.com/billsargentbands

http://myspace.com/billsargentbands

http://cdbaby.com/cd/billsargentbands

http://www.digstation.com/billsargentbands

Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargentBands.com

Just  released: "The Best Of Bill Sargent Bands - Volume 1"

Available at:  http://billsargentbands.com/recordings.htm