[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dance Jam Circle - video

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 18:35:51 PST 2008

The sound quality is not so hot,  the picture quality is not so hot,
but the dancers and the band were hot that night last September at a
swing dance. (Barbone Street and the Swing Kat dance club)

In the High Street Ballroom, Pottstown PA, built about 1925, The
ghosts of all the big bands that passed through are still there. There
were 250 dancers. The tune is hard to hear but it is the Dixieland
warhorse "That's A Plenty".

A Jam Circle is a friendly cutting contest among the dancers. The
dancers form a large circle and the bravest get out there in front of
everybody and strut their stuff to a high speed number. See it at:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=19214059

We can hardly wait for April 19 when we do it again for these
wonderful young people who love the music .

Cheers,
Steve Barbone