[Dixielandjazz] Can you hear it?

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jan 18 18:54:03 PST 2008

Hello all,
                  Many thanks to Jen  and all those who answered my
query. In summary it seems that people using PC’s  are able to access
the mp3 clips without difficulty but some Mac users cannot open the mp3
files, though others can.  It appears to be a browser issue. Safari
tells me that  opening the files requires a plug in it does not
support. I downloaded Flashplayer 7 but it did not improve the
situation on the ppc eMac. Strangely, I tried to follow the suggestion
of a list member  that I try to make a widget from the site and I found
I could hear the music when I tried to preview the widget - using the
same computer!  (The mp3 files were made on that computer using
Audacity). My intel based Mac laptop plays them well using Flip4mac or
Perian plug ins  but these do not work on the ppc.
I will now approach the eSnip site managers to seek a solution.

thanks again
Dan Hardie