[Dixielandjazz] Showers Of Gold 1912

Ron L lherault at bu.edu
Wed Jan 16 09:07:02 PST 2008

Twee?

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of
richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:29 AM
To: lherault at bu.edu
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Showers Of Gold 1912

Thanks Steve (Barbone) for the article on Satch and the possibility of
Clarkes "Showers of Gold" being the source/basis of West End Blues.
Having listen to Showers of Gold I can see it may have been so. Clarke
himself has technique that stands up today but the piece is perhaps twee, at
least to me.
Armstrong's intro however, as we all know, is beyond belief in any era.

Interesting Steve, thanks again, keep 'em coming.

Richard Flecknell

Showers og Gold link
http://www.libraryofvinyl.org/love1_4/love1_4.htm