[Dixielandjazz] Showers Of Gold 1912

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 16 08:28:50 PST 2008

Thanks Steve (Barbone) for the article on Satch and the possibility of Clarkes "Showers of Gold" being the source/basis of West End Blues.
Having listen to Showers of Gold I can see it may have been so. Clarke himself has technique that stands up today but the piece is perhaps twee, at least to me.
Armstrong's intro however, as we all know, is beyond belief in any era.

Interesting Steve, thanks again, keep 'em coming.

Richard Flecknell

Showers og Gold link
http://www.libraryofvinyl.org/love1_4/love1_4.htm