[Dixielandjazz] Sandy Brown (was The Greatest Music Lesson)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 12 12:58:57 PST 2008

Gerard Bielderman corrected me as follows:
> Graham's surname was BURBIDGE, not Burbridge. The same mistake is made
> in John Chilton's "Who's Who of British Jazz". Graham died 5 years
> ago, just when he was thinking about starting drumming again.

Thank you Gerard,
It was my carelessness in not noticing this discrepancy in my email.
Wrong in the opening line, correct in the personnel I gave.
We do not catch my dear mate John Chilton out very often, although he
did note the death year (2003) in the latest edition of the "Who's Who
of British Jazz".
The spelling error is also made in the Jepsen discography but correct
on the Sandy Brown LP,  in your Chris Barber discography and throughout
the Tom Lord discography (for which you probably provided most of the
details).
Very kind regards,
Bill.