[Dixielandjazz] applause

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Jan 10 13:20:06 PST 2008

 Robert Smith wrote:

 > I've always thought that pianos must be easy to play because nobody
bothers
> to take the instrument with them, in other words pianists can knock out a
> tune on any old instrument. Now with trombones ...

Yup, us piano pickers can set down at a junk heap of a piano, play it with
half the keys not working, out of tune, peddles not working, keys sticky
from the drunk trombone player spilling beer on it, and make it sound good.

I'd like to see a trombone player play his trombone under the same
conditions...

--Bob (now where'd I put that damn piano) Ringwald