[Dixielandjazz] applause

Clive Smith scousersmith at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 06:00:11 PST 2008

JK wrote  ".....and the showy, maybe less musical solo will get the
recognition of the audience........... this is because most people see more
than they actually hear..."

I am really allergic to drum solos. Why is it that audiences always go
bananas after the drummer has beaten the s*** out of everything surrounding
him - has a drum solo *anything* to do with music or merely an athletic
exercise ?? I vote for the latter, with due apologies to my (few) drummer
friends !!

Clive Smith in New York