[Dixielandjazz] Bill Hunter RIP 07/11/38 ­ 01/08/2008

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 23:05:38 PST 2008

I'm so sorry to hear of Bills passing. He will always  be in our heart, minds
and OKOM.

Jazz Hugs

Judie

In a message dated 1/8/2008 8:47:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
flip at flipoakes.com writes:

I have  some very sad news to announce..

One of my dearest friends has passed  away today in San Diego.

Bill Hunter a World Class Jazz Pianist passed  away this afternoon around
4:30pm. His wife Nanci, and family called  me.

He¹ll be truly missed by all I¹m certain. I had the unique pleasure  of
playing with him for 43 years, ever since I was only 15 years of age. He  was
a great inspiration to me in many ways. As most everyone also knew Bill  as
being a first class dentist as well, always willing to help out  musicians,
and their family's.

He had played with many of the greats  including Shorty Rogers, Bob Crosby
and the Bob Cats, Johnny Best, and Bud  Shank. Some of the festival circuit
bands he played with were Chicago Six,  South Market St. Jazz Band, and most
recently with Bill Alreds Classic Jazz  Band.

With the greatest respect and love,

Flip  Oakes
http://www.southmarketstreetjazzband.com
http://titanhotseven.com