[Dixielandjazz] My Gratitude

ZACH KEETER zskeeter at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 04:08:12 PST 2008

Hi dee Hi dee Hi dee Ho,

  Thanks for all the great feedback from everyone! I've heretofore felt like I was spending my 40 years in the sand. Now, my only thing is finding soneone to try play with. Kansas City has a really vibrant jazz scene, just that it's not really OKOM. The New Red Onion Jazz Babies play about once a month here, and I try to go see them when I can. Incidentally, the Mutual Musicians Foundation in Kansas City is something that I just discovered here in KC. Considered to be the birthplace of Kansas City jazz, has hosted jam sessions every Friday and Saturday night that go until dawn since the 30's. The Missouri Legislature recently passed special legislation allowing the hall, the only National Historic Landmark in KC, to be the only place in The Show Me State to legally serve after 3 AM.

  Any hints on where to go jam out? I'm even willing to drive within the region to do this.

  For any of you that are in the SF area and might be going there anyway, I will be at the Clint Baker gig in Menlo Park on Friday night. If any of you are there, feel free to say hi.

  In Swingitude,

  Zach Keeter
  KCMO