[Dixielandjazz] Johnny Catron and His Orchestra

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 8 01:23:42 PST 2008

Jerry Gordon wrote:

> ........ from my cousin, who lives in San Diego:
> "I've been going through a lot of stuff that's been stored away and I
> came across an old reel-to-reel tape made in Aug. 1964.  It is a KFI
> radio station Aircheck of Johnny Catron and His Orchestra.  It appears
> be 30 minutes long.  Are you or do you know anyone who may be
> interested
> in this before I just trash it?"
> If anyone's interested, please let me know, or better yet, write to
> Ruthi
> at mystrudel at cox.net.

Dear listmates (and Jerry),
The following info may you make help a decision:

25 Years Of Swing: Johnny Catron And His Orchestra.
Nortac NR-416
Ollie Mitchell, Irv Stumph, Howard Roberts, Ralph Osborn (t) Dick
Kenney, Dave Wells (tb) Benny Davis (as/vcl) Earl Morris (as) Jack
Roberds (ts) Bud Elder (ts/vcl) Jack Nimitz (bar) Lou Pagani (p) Jim
"Lou" Costello (sb) Tommy Romersa (d) Ralph Anthony (arr/vcl) Joe
Carnell (arr) Johnny Catron (arr/vcl)
Unknown location & date, c. 1960s
     (Dance medley :)
             Your my everything
             Everything I have is yours
             The very thought of you
     Why don't we do this more often ?
     Moten swing
     I'm a ding dong daddy (jc vcl)
     Sweet Sue, just you (be vcl)
     Between the devil and the deep blue sea
     Kentucky babe
     'Tain't what you do (jc vcl)
     There's a time and a place for everything
     Josephine
     Mama don't allow no twistin' done in here (jc vcl)
     Band theme - love day

Kind regards,
Bill.