[Dixielandjazz] Leaving the list, and coming back, numberous times.

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Tue Jan 1 20:27:00 PST 2008

I think to really answer the question on why people are leaving
you have to look at the social trends of the internet and not
the very small world of DJML.

The trend for the last 2 years or so has been social networking
websites such as myspace, yahoo groups and others.

Email lists were very popular in the late 1980s through the
early days of the world wide web in the 1990s.

While the reasons you mentioned are quite valid, I don't think
they capture the whole scope of the issue.

Mike