[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Query

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Fri Feb 29 13:39:59 PST 2008

Great memories of these raido cuts. All guys were studio guys, some in
films others in radio staff bands. Top flights players, all. Country
Washbourne was the bassist with the Ted Weems band all through the 30's,
the same time my dad (Red Ingle) was with that band.
Charlie La Vere was on the Kraft Music Hall Bing Crosby show with John
Scott Trotter staff band, and made some nice sides with Jump in the
40's. He also wrote some neat tunes, one of the best was Misery and
Blues which was a Teagarden favorite.
Jukl, the"Mad Russian" was a giant. His ability to slip two octave pedal
tones in the middle of rapid runs was to make your jaw drop to your
knees. He was on staff with the Universal Studios orchestra.
The whole crew did these tunes because they loved to play the style, and
they were arranged so that solos were loose, but with great "Vest
Pocket" charts.
This post caused some good memories to kick in. Wish I still had those
sides -- came up missing after a few moves, unfortunately.
Listen and enoy, lucky you -- these were GOOD PLAYERS!
Don Ingle (digging out from the snow piles in Michigan -- 110 inches so
far and it ain't stopped yet!)