[Dixielandjazz] Indian Sagwa

Loerchen2 at aol.com Loerchen2 at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 17:03:07 PST 2008

My chart for Indian Sagwa (A Characteristic March) was originally  published
in Jacobs' Orchestra Monthly; no date given, but I'd bet it was  probably
right around the time the sheet music came out in 1914.  This came  from Tulane,
and is probably the same version mentioned in a previous  discussion.

My copy includes parts for cornet, piano, trombone, drums, clarinet, 2nd
clarinet, and bass.  (I didn't copy all of the parts, because I didn't  think
we'd need violin, cello, etc. for the brass band.)      :-)

George Lewis did a good recording of it that follows the sheet music quite
well.

Sue

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)