[Dixielandjazz] Feb 26 Polcer/Gordon/Cocuzzi concert for STJS

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Feb 29 13:41:31 PST 2008

 Steve Barbone asks:

 > Hey left coasters:
>
> How was the concert in Sacramento by the Ed Polcer's Eastern All Stars  on
> Feb 26 received? And how about the class they taught in school the  next
> day?

Steve,

I could not make the concert, even though I really wanted to.  I did
purchase two tickets for youth musicians to attend.

All reports are that it was fantastic.  Some folks even went so far as to
say that it was the best concert they had ever attended.

Congratulations to our own Nancy Giffin who's idea it was and who headed up
the committee to put the concert on.  Also congratulations to the Fulton
Street Jazz Band's drummer Vince Bartels who's construction company Nelmar
Construction, under wrote the concert.

Several other folks, including Arbors Records and the American Rag, as well
as the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society, had a hand in it also.

 Nancy was also at the school clinic the next day so I am sure we will hear
a report from her.

--Bob Ringwald