[Dixielandjazz] Saving music videos. and others.

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Thu Feb 28 20:54:30 PST 2008

I am always amazed at the amount of continuing rumors or mis-information
that can continue even on a site of knowledgeable people like the DJML.
  Rather then mention specific names, after reading the last digest.
after I told in detail what is needed using Real Player version 11 ONLY
to save You Tube and other videos for free, I find myself having to
defend just about everything I said.  Well here goes.

1. Mac's were not mentioned in the original query. Real Player version
10.1.0  for Mac's OR PC's  does not work for saving Videos. It is an
added perk for Version 11, possibly only for PC's at Present? Good for
95% of the users and it works.

2. Real Player version 11 is NOT just for Vista PC's, although I am sure
it probably comes with them. Despite that endorsement from Bill Gates, I
am sure there are still some people who will immediately remove it from
their computer, still believing it will "Call home" and compromise their
computer. And of course Microsoft will aid them in putting spyware on
your computer. Right.  Not true if you read the small print.

If you got Real Player off of one of those "utility" disks with many
programs, I can not answer if you get any other spyware with it. I
personally have NEVER received any spyware from Real Player's site
itself.  I do NOT consider their option to let them know how you are
using the program so they can improve it as spyware. This has become an
"Old Wives Tale."  Let it go regardless of your won experience.

It is a good program. Microsoft ships it with its computers in many
cases.  Try it. you will like it.  It is free. It works.  Take it or
leave it.

Mad Dog