[Dixielandjazz] Who wrote "Indian Sagua"

Ingemar Wågerman gotariver at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 10:39:34 PST 2008

Hi all,

We recorded Indian Sagwa for our "Buddy Bolden" CD in 2003. The composer was Thomas S. Allen. The sheet music was not issued until 1914, but according to the trombone player Hamp Benson this was one of the tunes Bolden played. The title (also spelled SAGUA) refers to a popular Indian medicine.

Ingemar Wågerman
Gota River Jazzmen, Gothenburg, Sweden.
More details on http://listen.to/gotariver