[Dixielandjazz] Tuba

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Feb 27 12:39:04 PST 2008

Robert,

There are several very active tuba portals and forums, but there
seems to be a major hang-up in getting "classical," "British Brass
Band," "Marching Band," "Trad jazz/New Orleans Brass Band (old
school)," "Modern Jazz,""Balkan Brass,"New Orleans Brass Band (new
school,) "Modern Rock/Funk/.alt/Street Band/polka/.etc." tubists to
talk about more things we have in common than mouthpieces and valve
oil!  I don't know

Academic vs. roots learning, Funky Sousaphone vs. 6 rotor-valve
Symphonic, "D--- & B---- C---- - Good or Bad?", these things don't
come up for discussion much...

There are a few of us that cross all over the tuba map, and many of
us are on DJML ;-)

Dave Richoux