[Dixielandjazz] Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band playing the best worst trad jazz song ever!

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Feb 26 05:55:45 PST 2008

I doubt many of you know of Heavy Tuba (unless you follow Dave Richoux'
tuba posts) and I am not sure they are to everyone on this lists
tastes.  But hey, here are some clips.  Heavy Tuba
(http://www.heavytuba.com/tuba_eng.htm) is a German group lead by
(and/or) starring Jon Sass.  I like these guys mucho, but for my money,
the best tuba group out there is Gravity with Howard Johnson and Dave
Bargeron.

Meltdown
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=z6HGTD2Oa18

Here Comes The Night
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=W4vBgnF_3Ic

Helter Skelter
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=wE9uk2gtJ0Y

And, for a bonus, if you think Dave Gannett is a showman, check out Pat
Sheridan
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=DTxoC3aQkFE&NR=1

Enjoy ! ! !

All the best, Gary Kiser