[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics? More?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 26 01:26:39 PST 2008

  l.swain at comcast.net wrote [in part]:
> I am embarrassed to put this non-OKOM question to the list, .........
> "Joe the Window-Washer"............ would like to learn more about it,
> to spread it around.

Dear Larry,
Why be embarrassed. Not necessary.
Comedy is OKOM for most people on this list.
Bill Hildebrandt has already provided the Wikipedia link to "Henry
Morgan, Comedian".
There is also a Google link to a short vocal download by the Dan Landt
Trio, which uses your lyrics.
Further searching reveals that the Mills Brothers recorded "The Window
Washer Man" for Decca on 10 July 1952.
It is on a 1990 MCA CD 'The Mills Brothers: Best of the Decca Years'.
It may be the same song.
My ISP has slowed down at the moment (the usual evening peak and a
heavy thunderstorm, the probable culprits) so I can't access a
favourite discographal site which may have the Decca catalogue number
and composer credit.
I will try again in the morning.
Hopefully, every little bit of information may jog a memory closer to
home.
Kind regards,
Bill.