[Dixielandjazz] Advertising Results

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 23 19:17:41 PST 2008

> "Larry Walton, St Louis <larrys.bands at charter.net> wrote (polite snip)
>
> OKOM is a saleable commodity and there are people around who will
> buy it if you advertise, have a quality product and make yourself
> available at reasonable prices.
>
> Last year I did 58 jobs and I am well on my way to doing better than
> that this year.  I still have some other ideas that should increase
> my advertising base.

Hey Larry:

Congratulations. It is great to see you expanding your band business.
I am very happy for you.

And just think, 2 years ago you were saying that there was no OKOM
music business in St. Louis. <grin> So you went out and crated some.
Well done my friend, well done.

Other folks who are doing well are Bria and Dan Levinson. Just check
out their schedules. Yes indeed, there is plenty of business out there
and in a local market, direct mail is a great way to get it..

Cheers,
Steve Barbone