[Dixielandjazz] the blessing of Bruniouses

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Feb 21 10:14:07 PST 2008

 Marek Boym wrote regarding Wendell Brunious:

 > The best jazz I heard in New Orleans upon my visit there in 1980 was
> by Hollis Carmouche and His Jazz Cajuns, with young Wendell Brunious
> on trumpet.  I heard him again in Breda some 20 years later, and by
> then he added experience to talent.  I have found his playing
> exhilarating.

 Wendell was the featured guest star of the Sacramento Traditional Jazz
Society a couple of years ago.  hmmm, maybe longer than that.  It was before
Katrina.

I missed the concert as was playing a gig out of town.  He blew everyone
away.  One of the best guest stars we have had.  Been trying to get him back
ever since but tough because he is living in Sweden.

--Bob Ringwald