[Dixielandjazz] Tax deductions

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 08:56:52 PST 2008

Phil -

  While I'm sure 40cents a mile adds up quickly, I would recommend only deducting 14 cents a mile for charity related mileage for the 2007 tax year.  (The allowable deduction for business mileage is 48.5 cents and medical or moving mileage is 20 cents.)

  See the attached IRS webpage for further details:

  http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0,,id=156624,00.html

  Kay ( a CPA, but generally one who avoids tax questions...)
  in Gilroy

philwilking at bellsouth.net wrote:
  For Heaven's sake, don't forget to take credit for your ROUND-TRIP mileage between your home and any charitable work you do. At about 40 cents a mile it adds up quickly.

Phil Wilking