[Dixielandjazz] Sgt. Primate's Loney Hearts Club Fiasco

steven yarbro styarbro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:20:13 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

So the Primate Fiasco (a "psychedelic dixieland" band based in
Northampton, MA) has done it again.  We played another sold-out show
at The Iron Horse Music Hall in Northampton.  This time it was
especially interesting, as we performed the entirety of Sgt. Pepper's
Lonely Heart's Club Band by The Beatles (we had some "help from our
friends," of course).  And here is the evidence!  I know some may
think this to be controversial (on a few levels), but personally I
don't know why it should be!  Hope you enjoy, and please let us know
what you think.  Thanks!

(WARNING: The following links contain music which may not fall
conveniently into the category of "traditional dixieland".)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=primate+fiasco+iron+horse&search_type=
(a few from Sgt Pepper & a couple tunes from our second set appear here)

http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/1sgtpepper2-16-08.mp3
(Gabe Sullivan on intro vocals)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/2withalittlehelp2-16-08.mp3
(Diane Griffin & Monika Williard on Vocals)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/3lucyinthesky2-16-08.mp3
(Eve Soucie on Vocals)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/4gettingbetter2-16-08.mp3
(Dave Dello-Russo lead Vocals & Harmonica)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/5fixingahole2-16-08.mp3
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/6shesleavinghome2-16-08.mp3
(Chris Trevethan on lead vocal debut)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/7mrkite2-16-08.mp3
(Drake Descant on Accordion)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/8withinyouwithoutyou2-16-08.mp3
(Eric Lee on Violin)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/9whenimsixtyfour2-16-08.mp3
(Will Choe on Bass Clarinet, Lyon Graulty & Melissa Stratton on Clarinet.
Steve Yarbro lead Vocals)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/10lovelyrita2-16-08.mp3
(Becca Kaufman on Vocals)
http://www.theprimatefiasco.com/music/sgtpepper/11goodmorning2-16-08.mp3