[Dixielandjazz] New Doctor Jazz video

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Sat Feb 16 03:33:19 PST 2008

Shalom Jazz Fans,

Just a heads up to let you know that we were in Sderot again last week, and
have prepared a video of the experience. Sderot had a particularly heavy
barrage of rockets fired from neighboring Gaza in the days prior to our
visit. The residents we saw were very happy to have a little emotional break
from the stress, and to know there are people outside of town who care about
them.

This trip we had myself on tenor banjo, ably accompanied by Avram Rosenthal
on plectrum. Avram immigrated to Israel from Michigan at age 79, and is
about to celebrate his 81st birthday. The rest of the crew were 3 gals from
Germany, two of whom used to live and work in Israel and they wanted to
visit Sderot with us while they are in the country on vacation. Christiane
joined Avram and me on clarinet (soprano) and washboard. Katharina and Olga
received about 1 hour of training in inflating (we don't "blow up" things in
Israel!) balloons and making various things with them. You can see that they
did a superb job.

Here's the link to the video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qUwmWyvYJ1I.

Enjoy!

Elazar