[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 62, Issue 29

Dave Hanson jazzdude39 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 13:55:33 PST 2008

Hello all !

We all have occasional problems with our chops and I have heard of the product called chop saver.....Perhaps it's important to some, that Messer's. Dodson, Alessi and Dudley use it . That's fine, but it doesn't mean that I'm rushing out to make a purchase....I rarely have a chop problem, and an overnight rest usually takes care of it. Blistex is my product of choice and I have had the same tube for about ten years, so enough of that.

As we age, our chops change and often we develop some problems that require some attention, but because some better known players use it, doesn't mean it's the cure all for everyone.......should we all play the same brand of horn and use the same mouthpiece ?........

How about a more interesting thread that really means something.

Dave Hanson
Atlanta