[Dixielandjazz] Great trombonists

Diann Franks swingbanjo at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 04:58:19 PST 2008

Has anybody heard of Wally Ballou out of New York ?

Don Robertson <jdrobertson at att.net> wrote:  Blue Street is based in Fresno, CA and the trombonist is Dave Ruffner.
Don't know of a Fulton, CA, there is a Fullerton. There is also Bob
Ringwald's Fulton Street Jazz Band, based in Sacramento.

I remember seeing Jimmy Haislip with Sammy Gardner's Mound City band at
the Tiger's Den in 1958. A few years ago I saw him at Sacramento with
Cornet Chop Suey and spoke to him about the old days. I subsequently
heard he had suffered a heart attack,but survived. Don't know how he is
now.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA