[Dixielandjazz] Target audience for Dixieland, Swing, etc.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:24:53 PST 2008

Hello Larry,
About the said Stompers' date: It just so happens that most people
going there are
are "older English speaking crowd."  The Stompers do not address that
crowd specifically, although it constitutes most of the Stopmers'
public.  You played with them at both The Bible Lands Museum and The
Agron House, and the public there was mostly English speaking, and not
too young, but both institutions actually target the general public.
On Wednesday, the 20th, there'll be a Tribute to Jacques Sany (who
played that synagogue gig with the Stompers), described as "the oldest
jazz musician in Israel" at the Tel-Aviv Jazz Festival held at the
Tel-Aviv Cinemateque.  it will be interesting to see how many elderly
English speakers will attend (it's scheduled for 11 PM).  I hope to be
there - I've ordered tickets, but I'll be baby sitting two of my
grandchildren, and my getting there on time is dependent on
replacement's arriving on time!
For those who do not know Jacques - he was featured twice at the
Sidney Bechet Society's concerts in New York!
Cheers,
Marek