[Dixielandjazz] ZOOM H4 & H2 was ''Recording direct from sound system"

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Feb 8 10:12:45 PST 2008

I have the H4 and have been very pleased with it but I can see where the H2
has some advantages especially for rehearsals.  I rehearse the band in a
circular set up because of the size of the room.  Now I have to set the H4
off tot the side and it isn't very well balanced.  Not that I am trying for
pro quality here but it can get pretty off if someone is playing closer than
others.  I think the 4 mike setup would be great in the center of the group
also it's smaller and might even fit in my soprano case.  I just might buy
one.  The battery lasts about 4 hours in my H4.  Re chargeables a little
less but energizers have a new 2400ma battery that should be better than the
standard NIMH.  As I said before the stand setup for the H4 isn't good in
that it requires a camera tripod rather than a mike stand which in a lot of
places just doesn't work for me.

If anyone wants to hear a sound clip that I did with my band on the H4 I
will send it.
Larry
StL