[Dixielandjazz] Re ''Recording direct from sound system"

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Wed Feb 6 00:28:33 PST 2008

Ross,

Sure, you can connect any recording device (tape, CD, DVD, or a computer
...) to the board to archive your concerts.  However, you should note
that the PA mix is rarely a good mix to record.  You will have some fine
reference recordings, but don't count on having the quality to sell
commercially.

If you are interested in archive recording your music, check out this
little goody :

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4/

The Zoom H4 was introduced to me by some big time jazz men at our Jazz
en Tête festival last October.  I bought one in the States in November
from B&H for $250.  It works great.  It records to a SD card that can be
transfered to any computer.

A drawback is that ever since friends found out I have the thing,
everyone wants to borrow it.  I haven't seen it in weeks.

All the best, Gary