[Dixielandjazz] nice feedback for the 52nd Street Jazz Band

Joe Hopkins jazzclarinet at cox.net
Tue Feb 5 14:46:08 PST 2008

We played a roaring twenties (Mardi Gras) type party last night in Sun City with Lindy Hoppers demonstrating the Charleston, Balboa, Collegiate Shag and the Lindy Hop. We had heavy wind and rain but had a good turnout. Today I received the following e-mail......

"Hi Joe

Just had to send you an e-mail to tell you how very much we enjoyed the band last night.  As far as we're concerned, you're the best band in this valley, and you can certainly hold your own against any of the bands we get at the festivals.  It was certainly worth the trip over to Sun City in the rain to hear such great music and enjoy all the wonderful dancing.  My feet hurt like hell, but in a NICE way!!

Alex"

Tonight we do a pub crawl in Tempe, AZ (near ASU) ...playing in 13 different clubs in a 4 block stretch. (starting at 10:00 pm at Fat Tuesday's).

I hope you all vote today!! I was at our polling place for 1 1/2 hours.

Joe Hopkins