[Dixielandjazz] Gigging in Australia was It's a small world

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Mon Feb 4 15:35:42 PST 2008

irPhil,

Yes, true.  Aussi beer is fine.  All this makes me of the following joke.

Jazz content : We are adding the following tunes to the book.

Big Beer Stomp
You Go To My Head
Ale The Things You Are (or Prince of Ales)
St. Louis Brews
Pilsner Of Love
Keg O' My Heart
Jitterbug Malts
Come On and Hops, Hops, Hops
Black Bottoms Up
Surrey With The Fringe On Tap

All the best, Gary

An Australian walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Crown
Lager and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one
in turn.  When he finished all three, he comes back to the  bar and
orders three more.

The bartender says to him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it;
It would taste better if you bought one at a  time."

The Australian replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in
New York and the other back in Sydney.  When we all left home, we
promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days we all drank
together until we pass away."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.
The Australian becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same
way: he orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks
from each of them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints.  All the other regulars' in
the bar notice and fall silent.  When he comes back to the bar for the
second round, the bartender says,  "I don't want to intrude on your
grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great  loss."

The Australian looks confused for a moment, then the light dawns in his
eye and he laughs. "Oh, no," he says, "Everyone is fine . It's
me......I've quit drinking!"