[Dixielandjazz] New Banjo CD Available!

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Mon Dec 22 09:44:50 PST 2008

Listmates:

I am happy to announce that my new banjo CD is now available. It contains solo and ensemble music from the 1850's to the 1960's, featuring the four string tenor banjo, including tunes by Stephen Foster, Scott Joplin, W.C. Handy, Harry Reser, John Philips Sousa and Broadway composers. I have structured it so it has solo banjo pieces, duo and trio selections, and a few cuts with my Dixie Barons Dixieland quartet. The selections on the CD include:

  1.. Stephen Foster Medley - Solo
  2.. Pineapple Rag-Duo
  3.. Beale Street Blues--Trio
  4.. Coney Island Washboard--Quartet
  5.. Take Your Pick -- Solo
  6.. Maple Leaf Rag -- Duo
  7.. Calliope Rag -- Trio
  8.. Sleepy Time Down South -- Quartet
  9.. Pickin's - Solo
  10.. Spaghetti Rag - Duo
  11.. Dill Pickles Rag --  Trio
  12.. Sweet Patootie -- Quartet
  13.. Stars & Stripes Forever -- Solo
  14.. Yellow Dog Blues -- Trio
  15.. Nobody's Sweetheart Now -- Quartet
  16.. Basin Street Blues -- Trio
  17.. Fiddler On The Roof Medley -- Solo
The duo selections are tenor and plectrum banjo; the trio selections are the same with an added string bass; the quartet selections are tenor banjo, clarinet, washboard and sousaphone.

For ordering information, please go to my website (listed below) and click on CD's.

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band
Solo Banjo Shows