[Dixielandjazz] no more snow

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Dec 22 01:16:32 PST 2008

>.........have also received over 58 inches of snow - plus blizzard winds
today up to 45 MPH.
Don Ingle

Looks like I did my travels just on time!  I was in California, Chicago, and
Warsaw/Fort Wayne, Indiana the last 10 days of November.  California was, of
course, beautiful weather.  Chicago was crisp, but Indiana turned on the
heat for us.  Very nice there.  I gather it is all under snow by now!

Followed that trip (4 days later) to Marrakech, Morrocco where the sun was
boiling, but you needed a jacket at nite. Miraculous place with the snowy
Atlas Mountains nearby.  If anyone wants to see sheep grazing on branches
way up in trees, I can send a photo.  Only place in the world that that
happens!

Back on my own turf now...Madrid, where I can proudly boast bright, warm sun
during the day, and cool evenings (around 32F).

Having grown up in Southern California, lived one year in St. Pete, Florida,
and the rest of my life in Madrid, I have never understood the sun
worshippers.  The sun is just there, isn't it?  Apparently not, according to
Don!

Music for Don?  last line of "Trouble in Mind"...."the sun's gonna shine on
my back door someday".

Boastfully yours, Jim